Northborough Youth Soccer prides itself on being able to provide qualified referees for all matches from U8 and above. We make sure that all referees are officiating appropriate level matches based upon experience and age. All levels from U9 and above must be Certified USSF Referees who are trained to officiate the match correctly, fairly, and ensure a safe environment for the players.
NYSA Grade 1/2 Referees – In the Spring of 2015, NYSA created a new tier of referee, a referee that is between the age of 12 – 14 and is specifically trained to officiate the Sunday Grade 1-2 games. This new group of referees was created in reaction to the MA State Referee Committee changing the minimum age level of USSF Referee from 12 to 14 years old.
This introductory level has been very popular and anyone interested should contact the NYSA Referee Assignor to learn more. email@example.com
- Fill out the NYSA Grade 1/2 Referee Application Your kid will be put on a wait list for the next referee training batch. New referees are on boarded every season or two based on number of slots available and referees interested.
- Order a referee t-shirt from the NYSA store - NYSA Referee Shirts
- Update your kids availability as requested by the referee assignor
- Review Referee Training Day instructions
BAYS Grade 3-8 Referees – All referees must be USSF Certified Grassroots Grade 8. Follow the steps below to become a mass ref certified referee.
- Get certified - Steps to become a referee.
- Create a BAYS referee account - Steps to create a BAYS referee account
- Make sure you complete the payment information step - BAYS pay info (Your account cannot be active without the pay info)
- Stay in touch with the referee assignor to communicate your availability and type of games you are looking to referee.
NYSA’s Referee Assignor will assign all matches using the BAYS system and will assign by age group, divisions of age groups, and positions (AR v. Center) based on experience and age. The assignor will work with you to make sure you are confident and comfortable as you progress through experience. NYSA also will almost always have a Mentor that will observe and help your progression in a fair and constructive manner.
BAYS – Pays all referees for Grade 3-8 games, this happens every 2-3 weeks throughout a season. Payments are only issued if you have completed your game reports. Please refer to BAYS referee pay info for the latest pay information.
NYSA – Pays all Grade 1/2 referees and Mentors at the close of the season. NYSA will also fully reimburse any Referee Course for Northborough residents provided a minimum number of 3 matches are officiated in a season.
Referee Current Pay Scale (1/7/2016)
Please contact the NYSA Referee Assignor, Adi Pandit with any additional questions or you would like more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
US Youth Soccer Laws