Select Team Coaches Application
The NYSA Executive Board of Director’s goal in selecting a coach will be to find the most qualified and experienced coach possible.
Any coach wishing to be considered for the coaching position for an NYSA select team may submit the application below to the NYSA select team coordinator no later than April 30th.
Please send to:
John OReilly , 1 Gates Lane, Northborough, MA 01532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The NYSA select team coordinator will form a committee of two or three other coaches, one of whom is not on the NYSA Executive Board of Directors to assist him in reviewing all the applications. The NYSA Executive Board of Directors will approve this select team committee.
If any member of the select team committee is applying for a coaching position, then a separate group, not including the applicant, will review that position.
The NYSA select team coordinator will review all applications.
- He/She will submit details of the applicants to the board members and invite them to view practice sessions and games of applicants and to submit any comments on any of the applicants. These will be considered during the coach selection process.
- He/She will speak with each applicant’s provided list of three references.
- He/She will speak with the parents of the players for which the applicant currently coaches, if felt to be necessary.
- The members of the select team committee will observe the applicant during a training session.
- The members of the select team committee will observe the applicant’s currently coached team during a game.
- The members of the select team committee may interview the applicant.
- The members of the select team committee will meet to consider all of the above after the tryouts are completed.
- The members of the select team committee will consider the applicants in conjunction with the tryout scores when producing a recommended list of coaches for the select teams. In an extreme situation, the recommendations may include a coach of the select team committee’s choice that did not apply, but whom the select team committee believes best meets the coaching needs for the benefit of the players (i.e. not asking a player to participate on a team above his/her abilities because of choosing his/her parent to coach).
- Final approval of all select team coaches will be by the NYSA Executive Board of Directors. Decisions made will be based on the best interests of the players in NYSA.
Existing coaches, past coaches, coaches with teams moving up, and NYSA Executive Board of Directors will be given no more and no less consideration than any other applicant.