WELCOME TO THE NYSA COACHES’ CORNER!
If you are reading this message, you are either signed-up to coach or considering coaching in the NYSA. Our program relies on our volunteer coaches so THANK YOU! In this space, you will find all of the resources you need to get started with coaching, prepare for and manage the upcoming soccer season, and develop your skillset as a coach.
At the end of the Fall 2015 season, the NYSA Board administered a Parent Survey to solicit feedback on the season and on our volunteer coaches.
- We are pleased to report that across all age groups, parents responding (193 out of 577 = 33% response rate) to our Fall 2015 survey indicated high satisfaction with head coaches with an average score of 9.07 out of 10. This result is directly attributable to your level of commitment to this program, and to our youth players.
- We asked a series of questions to gather additional insight and ratings were strong across the board, ranging from 4.55 to 4.82 on a five-point scale.
- We also gathered qualitative feedback highlighting some areas for continued development. The Board discussed these results at our last meeting and identified some opportunities to pursue in 2016.
The Board couldn’t be happier with these results, as they validate the high quality experience you are providing for our youth players. We will continue to advance our coach development efforts to perpetuate this high standard. Thank you!
— Geoff Maletta, NYSA Coach Coordinator
Access information using these links:
- U6/U8 Coaches. You will find all administrative information and information to help you prepare for and manage the soccer season.
- BAYS U9-U14 Coaches. You will find all administrative information and information to help you prepare for and manage the soccer season.
- General Resources. A one-stop shop for resources to support you as a coach.